Banoffee pie / Banoffi pie
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- We Suggest:
350g chocolate flavour biscuits or cookies
225g unsalted butter (leave it melted)
200g unsalted butter (another amount)
1 cup of brown sugar
2 cans of 400g Condensed milk
4 bananas (to slice)
1 cup cream
75g dark chocolate (Melted and cooled)
Caramel Filling (amount base on preference)
- Place the biscuit (or cookie) in the food processor and make it finely divided into rough bread crumbs. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add melted butter to biscuit (or cookie) crumbs and mix well until complete. (To the extent that it does not collapse when you take it in hand)
- Press the crumbs against the bottom and side of the Corelle dish. Keep it in the refrigerator until it cools down and solidifies.
- Put butter (extra), brown sugar and condensed milk in a pan and put it on a low heat. Mix for about 8 to 10 minutes until the contents become hard and get away from the sides of the pot.
- After cooling down from the fire for about 15 minutes, pour it onto the crust of Corelle dish. Put it in a refrigerator again and let it cool until it solidifies.
- Once set, add caramel filling and lay sliced banana. Whisk to loosen the fresh cream and spread on top of the pie with some banana slices visible.
- Decorate the surface with melted dark chocolate and complete.